Executive Assistant / office manager
- Reports Directly to CEO / Headquarters in Orlando FL
- Mid-size, fast growing multi location charter school company
The Executive Assistant position is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support, which involves planning, prioritizing and organizing a diversified workload while proactively recommending and anticipating needed changes in office practices and procedures in a fast-paced environment.
- Must display a high level of interpersonal ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations while demonstrating poise, tact and diplomacy in representing the organization and its executive team.
- Provides a high level of administrative support by exhibiting professionalism and high level proficiency in the use, operation and knowledge of standard office equipment and computer software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities, events and projects such as management staff meetings, travel itineraries, professional conferences to include annual summer leadership event, departmental initiatives and customer meetings.
- Assists in meetings by identifying and securing necessary documents, office supplies, technology, and refreshments. Assists during meetings by transcribing notes and following through with any identifying follow-up tasks.
- Manages and maintains the CEO’s schedule, appointments and travel arrangements to include coordination of necessary travel and accommodation reservations.
- Travels with the CEO as needed.
- Ensures that the CEO has all necessary documents for scheduled meetings in advance of meetings.
- Manages CEO’s expense reporting and assists in the expense review and approval for subordinate expense reports.
- Tracks and reports activities/calendar of all members of the central service team.
- Performs significant administrative functions including developing and managing CEO’s task lists, assistance with developing and distributing identified performance reports, presentations, project timelines, and stakeholder reports and task lists.
- Establishes, updates, and maintains the CEO’s office hard copy and electronic filing systems while also being actively involved in retrieving information from those files when necessary.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information while displaying professionalism in written and oral communication skills when interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Displays a high degree of analytical ability in order to gather and summarize data for reports while also finding solutions to administrative problems and issues.
- Provides continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials while establishing priorities in meeting deadlines.
- Acts as a liaison between departments and outside vendors, including the company’s senior management team while professionally handling confidential and non-routine information.
- Works independently and within a team environment on special non-recurring, as well as, ongoing operations projects.
- Performs other professional duties as deemed necessary.
Job Requirements and Prerequisites
- Must have a high school diploma or a GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience as an executive assistant to upper management
- Outstanding interpersonal relationships and customer service skills.
- Must have strong communication skills—both written and verbal.
- Must be self motivated and willingness to work in a flexible, fast paced, changing environment
- Must have a high degree of knowledge of general office and telephone equipment.
- Must be computer literate with a high degree of knowledge and experience with Microsoft operating systems, i.e. Windows XP, Excel and Power Point
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Range: $40,000 - $60,000
- Full health benefits and paid vacation